- The first thing you need to do is create a file called header.php. In this file you will hold all of your page design that comes before your content. Here is an example:
<h2>My Site Title</h2><p>
My Site menu goes here........... Choice 1 | Choice 2 | Choice 3
- Next we need to make a file called footer.php. This file will contain all of the site design information that goes below the content. Here is an example:
<small>Copyright 2008 My Site</small><br>
- Finally you need to create the content pages for your site. In this file you will:
- Call the header file
- Put in the page specific content
- Call the footer file
Here is an example of how:
<?php include 'header.php'; ?>
Here is the specific content of this page....<br>
<?php include 'footer.php'; ?>
- Remember to save all your files with the .php extension.
- You can have more than a header and a footer, if needed create other files to include in the middle and call them the same way!
- Couple this with the use of a style sheet to change style within the page exclusive content easily as well.